Daniel R. Delaney
Practice Areas: Commercial and Real Estate Litigation; Mortgage Lending, Real Estate and Appellate Law.
Admitted: Colorado, 2004; U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2005.
Law School: Arizona State University, J.D., 2004.
College: Colorado State University, B.A. History, 2000.
Member: Denver and Colorado Bar Associations.
Achievements/Biography: After serving as a summer clerk with MSA during 2003, Dan was offered a permanent position with MSA in 2004 and has remained with the firm since that time.
Dan spends the majority of his time arguing on behalf of his clients in state and federal courts in cases concerning business and contract disputes, real property issues, mechanic’s liens and mortgage lending concerns. Dan has acted as lead counsel in dozens of trials and contested proceedings throughout Colorado. Dan has served as lead appellate counsel on numerous cases and has argued before the Colorado Court of Appeals on several occasions.
Dan has also assisted many clients in obtaining successful and economical results short of trial through mediation and informal resolution efforts. Dan strives to provide the best representation possible with an eye toward maximizing the client’s return while minimizing expense and exposure.
- McDonald v. Zions First National Bank, N.A., 2015 WL 1090177 (Colo.App. 2015) (No. 14CA182) (breach of contract and breach of an implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing).
- Hice v. Lott, 223 P.3d 139 (Colo.App. 2009) (NO. 08CA2615) (inflated appraisal dispute).
- Redd Iron, Inc. v. International Sales and Service Corporation, 200 P.3d 1133 (Colo.App. December 24, 2008) (NO. 08CA0025) (unjust enrichment).
- Marquardt v. Perry, 200 P.3d 1126 (Colo.App. December 11, 2008) (NO. 08CA0057) (promissory estoppel).
- Green Tree Servicing, LLC v. United Investors Corporation, 192 P.3d 1014 (Colo.App. July 26, 2007) (NO. 06CA0881) (equitable subrogation).
Attorney Registration Number: 35958 (Colorado)
AV® PreeminentTM and BV® DistinguishedTM are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies